Dr. Andor and Joy Kiszely Recital Auditions
AUDITION DATE: February 11, 2024, 1:00 to 5:00 PM
LOCATION: Jacobs Music Center City
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY: January 14, 2024
CARNEGIE HALL RECITAL DATE: Saturday, April 6, 2024, 1:00 PM
LOCATION: Carnegie Hall, New York City, New York
HONORS RECITAL DATE: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 2:00 PM
LOCATION: Settlement Music School, Germantown Branch
SNOW DATE: March 10, 2024, at Jacobs Music, Philadelphia
AUDITION FEE: Soloists: $75. Members of an ensemble: $45 per student.
- Carnegie Hall: Soloists: $90. Members of an ensemble: $50 per student.
- Honors Recital: Soloists: $40. Members of an ensemble: $25 per student.
Teachers must be members of MTNA and PhMTA or pay a $75 teacher registration fee. MTNA members who are not PhMTA members pay a $25 registration fee. For Membership information, go to: www.philamusicteachers.org/about/membership/
- All participating teachers are expected to help at the events. This includes the Honors and Carnegie Hall recitals. Teachers who have unavoidable conflicts are expected to offer a parent substitute to assist.
- Each teacher may submit four (4) entrants who perform a solo, concerto or in an ensemble, but students may only enter one category, from intermediate through collegiate level, age 22. (An ensemble counts as one entry). Examples of Intermediate piano literature are Beethoven: Sonatas, Op. 49, Mendelssohn: Songs Without Words and Grieg: Lyric Pieces.
- Soloists will play one piece (one movement of a Sonata or up to 3 movements of a Suite) by memory from any period of the classical literature. Repertoire must consist of original compositions; simplified arrangements and transcriptions are not acceptable. Orchestral tutti in concerti must be minimized. Duets and ensemble pieces may be performed with music. For questions about appropriate literature, contact Michael Sheadel, as below.
- Time limits are as follows:
- Intermediate level solos: 5 minutes
- Advanced solos: 8 minutes
- Concertos/ensembles: 12 minutes
Questions? Dr. Michael Sheadel, 215-888-6348, email@example.com
QUESTIONS? Dr. Michael Sheadel, (215) 888-6348, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact For More Info