Dr. Andor and Joy Kiszely Recital Auditions
AUDITION DATE: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 1:00 to 5:00. Auditions will be held IN PERSON.
LOCATION: Jacobs Music Center City
Snow Date: 2/12/2023, Location TBA
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Feb 12, 2023
RECITAL DATE: Sunday, March 5, 2023, 2:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Settlement Music School, Germantown Branch
Snow Date: 3/12/2023 at Jacobs Music Center City
AUDITION FEE: Soloists $35; Ensemblists: $25 per student
INSTRUCTIONS: Teachers must be members of MTNA and PhMTA or pay a $75.00 teacher registration fee. MTNA members who are not PhMTA members pay a $25 registration fee. For membership information, go to: Memeberships
- All participating teachers are expected to help at the auditions as well as at the recital. Teachers who have unavoidable conflicts are expected to offer a parent substitute to assist.
- Each teacher may submit three (3) entrants who perform a solo, concerto or in an ensemble, but students may only enter one category, from intermediate through collegiate level, age 22. (An ensemble counts as one entry.) Examples of Intermediate piano literature are Beethoven: Sonatas, Op. 49, Mendelssohn: Songs Without Words and Grieg: Lyric Pieces.
- Soloists will play one piece (one movement of a Sonata or up to 3 movements of a Suite) by memory from any period of the classical literature. The repertoire must consist of original compositions; simplified arrangements and transcriptions are not acceptable. Orchestral tutti in concerti must be minimized. Duets and ensemble pieces may be performed with music. For questions about appropriate literature, contact Michael Sheadel, as below.
Time limits are as follows:
Intermediate solos: 5 minutes
Advanced Solos: 8 minutes
Concertos/Ensembles: 12 minutes
- If the student has an unavoidable conflict on the audition date, please contact Dr. Sheadel to discuss alternative options.
- Auditioners may state a scheduling preference for their audition at the time of registration. Please submit scheduling requests by January 10.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION: The teacher is responsible for registering each student ONLINE at www.philamusicteachers.org by January 10, 2023. Payment will be completed ONLINE at the time of registration.
- Students must provide music for the judges. No photocopies permitted. Music downloaded from online with permission is acceptable. The judges’ decisions will be final.
- Accompanists in the audition must be the same person who will accompany the performer during the recital. The performer’s teacher may serve as accompanist. Accompanists are not required to pay a registration fee.
QUESTIONS? Dr. Michael Sheadel, (215) 888-6348, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact For More Info