Article III Membership
The Constitution & By-Laws of The Philadelphia Music Teachers Association state:
Section 1. - The membership of The Philadelphia Music Teachers Association shall include three classes: Active Members, Students, and Honorary Members.
Section 2. - Active Membership shall be open to anyone engaged in the teaching of any branch of music or in promoting better teaching of music, and to all music lovers who have an interest in the encouragement of The Philadelphia Music Teachers Association activities.
Section 3. - Honorary Membership shall be limited to such eminent musicians who offer noteworthy recognition or service to the organization. Honorary Members shall be nominated by the President’s Board, which nomination must be ratified by vote of the Board.
Section 4. - Any person who shall qualify for Active Membership, and who shall pay the dues, shall become a member of the association.
The Philadelphia Music Teachers Association offers:
- Programs given by distinguished musicians and educators addressing the various aspects of the teaching of music.
- Performance opportunities including the annual Members Recital at Jacobs Music, and informal “Salon Musicales” held in members’ homes.
- Recitals and Performance Festivals for our students, and the opportunity to participate in PMTA and MTNA events.
- Opportunities to network with other music professionals in the community.
- Further opportunities for growth through State and National conferences and the MTNA Certification program.
How To Join:
As an affiliate of Music Teachers National Association and Pennsylvania Music Teachers Association, prospective members must join all three organizations.
For an application, go to the MTNA website at www.MTNA.org to join online. Be sure to include Philadelphia Music Teachers Association as your Local Association.
Fees and Payments
National and Local dues must be paid by June 30, 2020
Membership dues payable to MTNA$25.00 Local dues $45.00 State dues $84.00 - $91.00 National dues ($63.75 - $68.25 for 70 years of age or older) TOTAL: $155 & $133.75 (senior) to $161 & $138.25 (enior)